At Sew New Ltd we like to please our customers so we want you to tell us what you want to learn.
Heather is compiling the teaching plan for the next few months and would like to know what you, our valued customers actually wants to learn.
We are booking in the following in the early part of the year:
1. Get to know your machine / Basic beginners- make a cushion . Designed to be a simple project to get beginners sewing and to make their first item. Ideal for those getting a new machine for Christmas and those who already have one but struggle to use it.
2. Overlockers unlocked- get that overlocker out of the box and learn how to use it, thread it, change the tension and more.
3. Basic beginners - part 2- Bunting. This follows on from part one and builds on basic skills of both cutting, sewing, pivoting and attaching bias binding.
4. Basic beginners - part 3- Bag making. Designed to build the next range of skills, sewing seams, adding a patch pocket, marking up strap lines, lining a bag.
5. Skye wrap- make a Skye wrap- basic beginners can make a simple item of clothing from our gorgeous range of fabrics (or bring your own).
6. Beginners patchwork- learn the basics of patchwork, make simple designs. Use our fantastic dye cutting machine to cut out the perfect shapes. Start with squares, large and small, then triangles and progress from there. If you are interested, then we will make this a regular workshop on a monthly basis and build your blocks to make your own quilt/cover/bag etc. Ideal for those with some sewing skills.
7. Free-motion embroidery- learn the basics, get to draw with your sewing machine. Use up all the small pieces of fabric and create patterns and pictures. Ideal for those with some sewing skills.
8. Soft furnishings workshops- different shaped and styles of cushions- again this can be spread over each month or each week- you tell us.
9. Dressmaking- this is a regular drop in session on a Wednesday morning 10am-12pm and 6.30pm to 8pm. If you want to learn something specific, then drop us a line to let us know what.
10. Zips - how to put in zips to a range of items, from simple pencil cases, skirts, dresses, trousers and cushions etc.
11. Buttonholes masterclass- get your machine to make the perfect buttonholes or use our machines.
12. More advanced lessons are available such as skirt, trouser, dress, coat, jacket, pattern cutting, check matching, collars and cuffs, and more are all available.
13. Make a teepee- for your kids/grand kids.
14. Make up bag in a morning- make a make up bag in the morning, putting in a zip and getting a useful bag to take home, keep or give as presents.
15. Recycle/upcycle your clothes and revamp your wardrobe. In this throw away society there is a resurgence of reusing older clothes and items that you no longer like or repurpose the into something else i.e make a bag from jeans, a cushion from a jumper or tee shirt, a memory pillow from your favourite item of clothing.
16. Sewing machine cover or table protector.
17. Basic quilting and simple table mats or table runners.
18. Anything else you want to learn.
19. Anything topical that we want to do.
Get in touch through one of the following methods:
Telephone: 01609 531399
We look forward to your feedback.